Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Years, Cold Wether Hiking, a Treadmill and Arrow of Light.

 With the New Year, the Scouts went on two cold weather snow camp outs.  The first was at the Ensign Ranch, it was cold but we stayed in A Frames and had fun sledding in the snow.  We made sure that I was well prepared with the snow gear, thermals and warm gloves, hats, and stuff.  Then the next camp out we went to Paradise at Mt Rainier, we dug our own snow caves and slept in them at night.  We didnt have school that Friday so we met at the church around 6:45 am and headed up to the mountain to have enough time to dig out our caves.  We dug ALL day long, when it became dark me and Layton and Stephen were still digging our cave, we were all the young ones.  Br. Ramsey helped us finish up and the best part was SLEEPING, I was nice and warm.  Layton not so much, his feet had gotten wet since his hiking boots weren't waterproof so he had kind of a bad experience.  I was glad I went on the campout and proud that I did it.  My mom made me what ever I wanted to eat when I got home, I hear that my parents thought I'd freeze over night since it was really cold that weekend!  Safe and sound I made it back home.
All packed and ready to go.
We got a treadmill, my parents don't really allow the kids on it anymore too much goofing around and road rash from the belt.
SNOW in the neighborhood, look at little Brooke- she's so poofy in her snow suit, ha.
 Dad making the arrows for my Arrow of Light award.
 An Indian.
 The Arrows.
 Our stake does a really grand Native American production and ceremony with Akela for the Arrow of Light awards so we had to wait for a group of boys to earn theres before we got them, my friend Tanner and I got ours the same time, even though we are both in the Boy Scouts now- you are supposed to get these when you are a cub scout, oh well better late than never.
 Receiving our Arrows in the ceremony, the parents had to come up on the stage to join us.
 Walking off the stage with our arrows.
 The Drummer for the ceremony.
So now I officially have my Arrow of Light Award, just a few years late.

No comments: